Global Green Power PLC Corporation (GGPC):
Global Green Power PLC Corporation is a Philippine Company dedicated to the development and acquisition of Renewable Energy power plants within the South East Asian (SEA) region. The comany is currently focused on the development of biomass to electricity and hydro power.
Global Green Power PLC Corporation has twelve sunsidiary companies that are developing Thermal Biomass, grid connected, decentralized, renewable energy power plants in the Philippines that will use sustainable biomass resources such as agricultural crop and food processing wastes. These biomass wastes are predominately either burt in the open causing Carbon Dioxide, dumped or left to rot in the fields causing Methane; both Green House Gasses that contribute significantly towards Climate Change and Global Warming. Global Green Power PLC Corporation does not use biomass that competes with the human food chain.
Global Green Power PLC Corporation thermal biomass power plants deliver base-load biomass fueled clean power significantly less expesivly than newly developed Coal and Oil generation within the Philippines. The latest Coal Power Plant approved by the Energy Regulatory Commission (ERC) is currently delivering energy at prices in excess of Philippine Pesos (Php) 9 pkWh. This is in comparison to the proposed National Renewable Energy Board (NREB) Feed in Tariff rate of only Php 7 p/kWh for Biomass Power Plants when built and operated under the Renewable Energy Act of the Philippines (RE Act).
Global Green Power PLC Corporation and the RE Act's Feed in Tariff: GGPC will deliver clean energy and green jobs under the RE Act's Feed in Tariff (FiT) that guarantees qualifying Renewable Energy projects a 20 year electricity sales rate. This FiT rate is increased yearly subject to the Philippines Consumer Price Indexing (CPI). As such the Biomass FIT, when approved, will facilitate a less expensive and more predictable power price to consumers when compared to the price volatility of Coal, Oil and Gas Fossil Fuelss.
Global Green Power PLC Corporation are currently deploying the first (140 MW) of Three Phases (420 MW) of Multi-Fuelled, Renewable, Clean, Decentralized Base-Load Biomass Power Plants that displace Fossil Fuels, provide the Nation with Energy Security and and increased Energy Independence whilst providing extraordinary Socio Economic Development and Poverty Alleviation. Our first Phase of Multi-Fuelled Biomass Power Plants includes:
- Green Power Panay Philippines Inc: One 35 MW Biomass Power Plants - Mina, Iloilo, Panay, Philippines. (www.green-power-panay.com)
- Green Power Nueva Ecija Philippines Inc: One 35 MW Biomass Power Plants - San Leonardo, Nueva Ecija, Luzon, Philippines. (www.green-power-nuevaecija.com)
- Green Power Bukidnon Philippines Inc: One 35 MW Biomass power Plant - Maramag, Bukidnon, Mindanao, Philippines. (www.green-power-bukidnon.com)
- Green Power Cagayan Philippines Inc: One 35 MW Biomass Power Plant - Alcala, Cagayan, Luzon, Philippines. (www.green-power-cagayan.com)
Global Green Power PLC Corporation have engaged top Engineering Procurement and Engineering (EPC) contractors to deliver GGPC biomass power plants on a guaranteed performance, cost and time - Turn Key - contractual basis. Global Green Power PLC Corporation Biomass Power Plants exceed the emission standards set by the World Bank and the International Finance Corporation (IFC). Clean, renewable proven, multi-fuelled technology that is currently delivering in excess 500 MW of biomass power in China and over 350 MW of biomass power in Europe.
Global Green Power PLC Corporation has targeted the Philippines for the construction and operation of biomass power plant projects of either 17.5 or 35 megawatts of electricity (MWe). The Philippines has one of the highest electricity prices within South East Asia enabling GGPC to deliver renewable energy at below the delivered cost of the most recently inaugurated coal power plant in the Philippines. Renewable Energy at costs below that of Fossil Fuels.
Wherever Global Green Power PLC Corporation builds a biomass power plant, the money previously extracted from the community to purchase foreign fossil fuels such as oil and coal to provide power are instead injected back into the local community providing employment and alleviating poverty. This is achieved through GGPC's purchase of biomass agricultural and food processing wastes to use as an alternative fuel source that displaces conventional fossil fuel power generation. These farming and food processing wastes are currently burnt, dumped or left to rot in the fields. The sustainable purchase of agricultural waste is environmentally friendly and provides a significant additional income to the local farming and host community whilst mitigating climate change.
THE BOTTOM LINE:
Global Green Power PLC Corporation = Renewable Energy + Poverty Alleviation + Stable Power Supply + Socio-Economic Development + Energy Security + Sound Stewardship of the Environment.
Each GGPC 35 MW Biomass Power Plant:
- Delivers “INCOME TO OUR HOST COMMUNITY” of an estimated $US 19 Million or Php 817 Million within the first year of operation and an estimated $US 798 Million or Php 33 Billion over 25-years. This income is injected directly into the host community through the purchase of biomass, biomass transportation, operations and ancillary services.
- Delivers “AFFORDABLE CLEAN POWER” under the RE Act at Php 7 per kilowatt hour FiT rate, which is significantly less expensive than newly approved ERC ESA’s for Coal or Oil power plants.
- Delivers “EMPLOYMENT” as each GGPC 35 MW TBGC power plant delivers an estimated 3,400 "green jobs" within our host community through the collection of biomass waste, transportation and operations. GGPC biomass power plants are located in the center of agricultural production areas to ensure the optimized sustainable collection of biomass whilst delivering jobs to rural communities where additional employment is desperately needed.
- Delivers “POVERTY ALLEVIATION” to an estimated 14,000 people based on "green jobs" generation of 3,400 Filipinos in the collection, transportation and preparation of biomass waste as an alternative fuel for use within each GGPC TBGC 35 MW power plant.
- Delivers “ENERGY SECURITY” through the utilization local biomass waste as an alternative fuel that displaces imported fossil fuels. Fossil fuels that are dwindling, finite resources subject to price volatility and under increasing upward price pressures due to unrest in the Middle East. Fossil fuel usage is now increasingly exerting even more upward price pressure as nuclear power generation is reduced due to security concerns subsequent to the Fukushima Japan nuclear power plant tragedy.
- Delivers “FOREIGN EXCHANGE SAVINGS” to the Nation obviating the necessity of purchasing Oil based Diesel Fuel saving a projected $US 80 Million or Php 3.3 Billion in the first year and $US 3.3 billion or Php 138 Billion over 25-years operation of just one GGPC 35 MW TBGC power plant.
- Delivers “CLIMATE CHANGE MITIGATION” by using only biomass wastes for fuel such as; rice straw and husks, corn straw and cobs, sugar cane tops and leaves, coconut wastes and other biomass residues that are currently either burnt openly in the fields producing Carbon Dioxide or left to rot causing Methane. Both are Greenhouse Gasses (GHG) that contributes significantly towards Global Warming. Global Warming is potentially one of the greatest threats to the Philippine’s sustainable economic growth.
- Delivers “DECENTRALIZED BASE-LOAD POWER” to the distribution Grid with the same delivery profile as a coal power plant. GGPC TBGC small, decentralized power plants actually stabilize the grid and reduce distribution system losses.
- Delivers “CLEAN RENEWABLE ENERGY” to an estimated 140,000 households from each GGPC 35 MW TBGC plant in the form of Base-Load, Carbon Neutral, Renewable Energy generated from within rural locations. “Clean Energy for every Juan".
- Delivers “SOCIO-ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT” and Social Integration through the provision of sustainable employment and stable Base-load power supply that stimulates economic development in areas where disaffected and marginalized communities have little to no opportunity to improve their livelihood.
- Delivers “AGRICULTURAL DEVELOPMENT” as the farming community derive additional income from their crops through biomass waste sales and best practices are implemented through the non-burning or dumping of wastes.
* GGPC Management Data based on 4% inflation rate.
- Global Green Power Group Chairman & Chief Operations Officer - Steve Waterfield
- Global Green Power PLC Corporation President - Maribeth (Bunny) de Montaigne
- Global Green Power PLC Corporation Director, Treasurer & Secretary - Atty. Rodinil Bugay
Fully vertically integrated, experienced and proven team of people to deliver:
- Project assessment
- Project development
- CDM development
- Investment banking
- Project construction
- Project operations & maintenance
- Green Jobs